Inner Goddess Meditation - Awake the Goddess Within
The word “goddess” refers to the most powerful female divinities in the universe—across all spans of time, distance, religion and culture. From Artemis to Lakshmi, Athena and Saraswati, the way we engage with these female archetypes speaks loudly and proudly to our ability to celebrate them in this modern-day world. They guide us, inspire us and awaken us to the most profound and enlightening parts of our divine feminine existence.
So, once you discover your very own inner goddess archetype, what’s the next best step on the path to enlightenment? Meditation, of course. Awaken the feminine divine with this inner goddess meditation!
A Guided Meditation to Awaken Your Inner Goddess
We put together a meaningful step-by-step inner goddess meditation practice to engage in the art of mindfulness and get in touch with your feminine spirit:
Take a Comfortable Seat
First, plant yourself in “Sukhasana,” or easy seated pose. This asana was made for meditation. In it, the body’s chakras stack one on top of the other, allowing for the ideal spinal alignment to sit comfortably and focus on your breath.
Find a Quiet Place
Meditation is an inner retreat from the physical world to turn inward and take stock. To withdraw from consciousness and tap into what’s happening in the mind, a sacred boundary of silence should be drawn. Distractions might occur throughout your meditation. This is normal! But setting yourself up for success means finding a place that’s calm, nurturing and quiet.
Adopt a Mudra
A mudra is a hand gesture with profound spiritual meaning. These postures are said to help cultivate energy and bring focus to your meditation. There are many, many mudras to choose from, but awakening your inner goddess is aptly achieved by practicing the following:
- Kali Mudra. Kali mudra pays homage to the goddess of inner strength, fearlessness and empowerment. Kali is the face of feminism, speaking in honesty and freedom. She’s perceived as fearless, brave and radical in nature. Invoking her reinforces your desire to obliterate the ego, remove yourself from attachments and disconnect from anything that holds you back from your truest, wildest spirit!
- Yoni Mudra. The Yoni Mudra honors the female goddess Shakti, a divine cosmic energy that represents femininity and the dynamic forces that move the universe. Literally translated, “yoni” means “womb” or “vulva.” Yoni mudra is often called the “seal of the goddess” and can be used to calm the mind, alleviate stress and promote energy flow. Practice it to ground yourself and tap into the well of peace that comes from within.
Select a Mantra
A mantra is a chant or phrase that calls the mind back to the present moment. Many mantras have deep spiritual meaning, but their primary purpose is to keep you focused throughout meditation by reciting a repetitive Sanskrit phrase.
- A fitting mantra for an inner goddess meditation is the Durga mantra, whose powers are a combination of Lakshmi, Saraswati and Kali. By repeating the mantra, “Om Sri Durgaya Namah,” you can clear away your mental, physical and economical obstacles.
- The mantra “Om Aim Saraswatyai Namah,” evokes the goddess Saraswati, who is said to bestow her subjects with the powers of knowledge, memory and truthful speech.
- Finally, another mantra of warrior goddess Durga is “Om Dum Durgayei Namaha,” meaning “I bow to the one who overcomes all difficulties.” It can help you to amplify your inner voice and spark courage, making it the perfect mantra for undergoing major life changes.
Greet Your Inner Goddess
Now it’s time to embark on the journey within. Select the mudra and mantra that speak to you, take a seat and begin with some deep, measured ujjayi breaths. Allow yourself to drift inside.
Repeat your mantra in the confines of your mind. Thoughts will come, and thoughts will go. Just like clouds in the sky, all you need to do is notice them as they pass you by.
Envision your goddess archetype, befriending her on the path and allowing her to sit with you for the journey. Call your mind to her appearance, her spirit, her aura and the feeling you get when she’s around you.
There will be times when you might drift away from your mantra, your vision, your focus or your breath. You can always come back.
There’s no right or wrong way to meditate. Sit with whatever you bring to your quiet, peaceful space and let your unique goddess spirit do the rest.
Awaken to Possibility
When you practice an inner goddess meditation, you can awaken to limitless possibility! Find yourself a comfortable seat and a comfortable outfit. Shop our empowering line of Goddess attire or embark on your spiritual journey in any of piece in our inspirationally mindful collection.